We are offering an opportunity to join the team at Binsted Nursery, a well-established wholesale nursery, part of Tristram Plants and the Farplants Group. Binsted Nursery produces a wide range of high quality garden plants from perennials and herbs to succulents and bulbs, and currently have a vacancy within the Team.
The ‘Nursery Worker Seasonal’ role would be expected to deliver set targets and objectives as part of a team. You will be required to carry out a wide range of tasks, in order to ensure the production meets the required specifications and rates as set out from the start, and to work nursery hours that can vary in accordance to the seasons, include weekends.
Your primary objective would be to undertake nursery tasks as required by a Supervisor or Team Leader involved in the production of garden plants for customers across the country, and in a timely, safe and efficient way.
Candidates must have attention to detail and organisational skills. Experience and proven ability in horticulture is a bonus.
This position is seasonal, part time/full time. with starting dates between now and the beginning of March. Applicants are required to have a valid right to work in the UK.
Title: Nursery Worker Seasonal
Responsible to: Site Supervisors, Team Leaders or other staff (as assigned by Manager)
- Maintaining the required quality and output in doing the tasks as outlined below, to ensure the Nursery’s Business Goals are met
- Following nursery policies and procedures, ensuring safe working at all times
Outline of Job
Learn to undertake nursery tasks as required by a Supervisor or Team Leader whilst on the job.
Develop an understanding of the Nursery tasks as outlined on the Skills Sheet, which may include all or part of the following:
- Despatch work: selecting, tray up, collecting, preparing plants for despatch, labelling, packing and cling wrapping following procedure as instructed.
- Potting: machine potting, planting, setting plants down, supplying with pots and plants. Hand potting of young plants or final pots.
- Watering using hose and lance.
- Plant care: trimming, weeding, caning and tying.
- Propagation: filling trays, collecting, preparing and sticking in the cuttings.
- Mini-tractor driving, assembly and moving of Danish trolleys.
- Nursery plant hygiene including disposal of dead or diseased plants and sweeping up.
- Assist with maintenance work on nursery structures, roads and facilities.
- Any other duties as requested by your Team Leader or Supervisor
- Ensure that Health and Safety procedures are adhered to throughout and Risk Assessments followed.
Throughout all activities teamwork with the ability to work alone for periods, are vital work skills.
- As delegated by your Line Manager or Supervisor
- From £10.65 to £11.44/hour depending on experience and skills (rate applicable for 18yrs onwards)