Twitter @TristramPlants Binsted Nursery
Binsted Nursery, part of Tristram Plants,
The specific focus of a Trainee Crop Grower is to learn how to carry out the role of Crop Grower, by carrying out planned and reactive cultural growing tasks and supporting the Crop Growers to lead and supervise other staff in carrying out cultural activities. This should be seen as a developmental role to Crop Grower.
A summary of tasks and responsibilities is shown below;
• Ensure you and your team are working safely and complying with relevant legislation and established Nursery procedures
• Ensure cultural activities are carried out to stated timescales and to an agreed standard, including trimming, cleaning, feeding, moving, spacing
• Uphold batch integrity with regards auditing requirements
• Deputise for Crop Growers
• Attend Crop Grower Team Meetings to share knowledge and information
• Maintain quality and work rates
• Complete work related paperwork
• Undertake weekend watering duties as scheduled
We are looking for a person with a keen interest in working with plants by them self and as part of a team. Working with the growing Supervisors to look after allocated crops and growing areas, monitoring crops for pests and diseases and ensuring cultural activities are carried out as instructed.
Candidates must have good attention to detail and organisational skills as well as being a motivated completer finishers. The ideal candidate will eventually be put on a spraying course to ultimately also participate in any of the crop protection activities. Experience and practical horticultural knowledge would be beneficial. This is a full time, permanent position, working 39 hours per week plus over-time, payed hourly. Overtime will at times be required for which you will be payed overtime at 1.3.
From £9.18 an hour (£18.600 per annum) plus overtime