Website Walberton Nursery
Walberton Nursery are a family run wholesale ornamental plant grower, who have been operating since 1973. It’s diverse and skilled team of 45+ staff produce in excess of 1 million plants for the garden centre market each year. Working closely with other members of Tristram Plants, and as part of the Farplants Group, we are proud to be part of a long-standing, marketing leading organisation.
Walberton Nursery are recruiting Seasonal Workers for the 2022 season to join their busy team, for what we hope will be another fantastic year. These seasonal roles involve a wide range of horticultural tasks, and may include:
- Despatch work: selecting, tray up, collecting, preparing plants for despatch, labelling, packing and cling wrapping, assembling and moving of Danish trolleys
- Potting: by machine and hand, planting, setting down
- Plant care: trimming, weeding, watering using hose and lance, disposal of dead or diseased plants and sweeping up
- Propagation: filling trays, collecting, preparing and sticking cuttings
- Mini-tractor driving
- Maintenance: assisting with upkeep of structures, grounds and facilities
Ideal candidates would already have experience in Horticulture, must be willing to work flexibly in a fast paced environment and be prepared to work in all weathers.
On offer are fixed term contracts up to 21st October 2022, provided probationary period completely satisfactorily. There is a potential for some of these roles to become permanent at the end of the season. Working hours are as follows:
March to July, minimum 44 hours per week:
- Monday to Wednesday 07:30 – 17:15
- Thursday 07:30 – 13:00
- Friday 07:30 – 16:15
- Saturday 08:00 – 12:00
- Normal hours to be worked on all Bank Holidays
August to October, minimum 39 hours per week:
- Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:45
- Friday 08:00 – 15:45
Whilst Walberton Nursery are seeking full time seasonal employees on the working hours above, part time working may also be considered. If you are seeking part time work, please state your preferred working hours/days in the appropriate section of the application form.
Hourly rate of up to £10.00 per hour (overtime £12.50) depending on skills and experience. 268.25 hours paid holiday per year pro rata. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted as soon as possible. If unsuccessful, applicants will be considered for seasonal work at another Tristram Plants nursery.