Website Walberton Nursery
Walberton Nursery are a family run wholesale ornamental plant grower, who have been operating since 1973. It’s diverse and skilled team of 45+ staff produce in excess of 1 million plants for the garden centre market each year.
Walberton are seeking Team Leaders to develop already established Team Leadership skills. The primary purpose of these cross-functional roles is to lead and supervise a range of production-related teams in growing and despatch activities. A summary of tasks and responsibilities is shown below:
- Ensure you and your team are working safely and complying with relevant legislation and established Nursery procedures
- Lead teams on growing-related tasks such as trimming, carried out to stated timescales and agreed quality standards
- Lead teams on Despatch lines to select and prepare plants for sale
- Uphold batch integrity with regards auditing requirements
- Deputise across the business as necessary
- Communicate with other Departments and the Management Team
- Maintain quality and work rates
Full time, permanent positions, with minimum working hours as follows:
November to February 32.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday 08:00 – 15:45
March to July 44 hours per week
- Monday to Wednesday 07:30 – 17:15
- Thursday 07:30 – 13:00
- Friday 07:30 – 16:15
- Saturday 08:00 – 12:00
August to October 39 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:45
- Friday 08:00 – 15:45
Candidates must have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, as well as team leading and team building capabilities. A Horticultural or Team Leading qualification would be preferable.
Salary £22,308-£23,119 per year depending on skills and experience; 268 hours annual leave per year pro rata inc. Bank Holidays. All permanent members of staff could receive up to £1000 in additional benefits each year, for example, branded Staff clothing, holiday and bereavement allowances, new parent voucher, refreshments, life assurance, Christmas and Summer parties and much, much more.