Walberton_Nsry Walberton Nursery
Walberton Nursery are offering a new and exciting opportunity to be part of Walberton Nursery’s Research & Development Team, as a “Trials Coordinator”.
The primary purpose of this role is to set-up, run and report on all plant trials, enabling the nursery to make an informed assessment on commercial viability. The Trials Coordinator will ensure plants are grown in accordance with nursery standards and that the correct environmental controls are in place to ensure good crop health. The Trials Coordinator will also work with the Plant Breeder to ensure new varieties are trialled in a timely fashion.
A summary of tasks and responsibilities is shown below, but it is highly recommended that would-be applicants request a full Job Description via email@example.com to understand the scope of this opportunity:
- Overseeing the set-up, running and reporting of all plant trials to an agreed protocol
- Monitoring subjects and comparing plant performance against objectives
- Assessing the commercial viability of new subjects
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the work schedule of the Trials team
- Keeping excellent written, electronic and photographic records
- Working with the Plant Breeder to ensure new varieties are trialled in a timely fashion
- have proven experience of accurate record keeping
- have proven knowledge of plant growing, ideally in a commercial environment
- be logical, methodical, accurate and organised with excellent attention to detail
- be literate and numerate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- be good at listening, open to new ideas and excellent communicators
- have a professional qualification or degree in a horticultural subject (preferable)
Full time, permanent position, with the following working hours:
- November to February, minimum 32.5 hours per week: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15:45
- March to June, minimum 44 hours per week: Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 17:15; Friday 07:30 – 16:15
- July to October, minimum 39 hours per week: Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:45; Friday 08:00 – 15:45
On offer is a competitive salary from £20,200 to £22,400 (depending on skills and experience), 268.25 holiday hours per year pro rata inc. Bank Holidays and Life Assurance (conditions apply).